Is the ‘Sushi King’ Kenny Kunene broke?

Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font

It's rumoured that Kenny Kunene is broke and his Lamborghini is being repossessed by the bank. Kenny is denying the rumours and says he is “going to stand until Jesus Christ comes back”.



Johannesburg - The bank is selling off his prized black Lamborghini.
His friends and associates whisper that lack of money is troubling Kenny Kunene, otherwise known as Sushi King.
But a defiant Kunene told Sunday Sun, a South African newspaper that he was not broke.
Kunene’s Lamborghini, in which he used to promote his ZAR clubs, will go under the hammer next week at a leading auction in Midrand, Johannesburg.
The rich and famous will be expected to fork out E2.6 million for the mean machine.
Said a spokesman: “The car is in storage right now. At the moment it is still the property of the bank until it is snapped up. I am told it used to belong to that sushi man-what’s his name?” he asked the reporter.
The news had eyes popping in Manish’s entertainment world.
insider
One insider told us: “Kenny is broke. His car was repossessed by the bank. I don’t think his TV show will be renewed next season. He digs into his own pocket. We all feel sorry for Kenny.”
Another insider said: “Kenny lost a lot of money on the ZAR-fest. He spent millions on American artists. Some of his suppliers have still not been paid because he doesn’t have money.”
But in a typical Kunene style, the defiant Sushi King laid into gossips this week!
“It has come to my attention that I am broke,” he announced to Sunday Sun.
“Let me put my fans at ease – none of that is happening. I’m not in the habit of responding to gossip but I’m forced to set the record straight. I am NOT broke. I am still standing and am going to stand until Jesus Christ comes back.”
Kenny said he sold the Lamborghini to a friend “a while ago”.
He went on: “With my partner Gayton I have a fleet of 24 cars. We sell and buy cars on a regular basis.”
boasted
He boasted: “I have just ordered a few cars, including a McLaren, Aston Martin and a Rolls-Royce Phantom Ghost. A few weeks ago I threw a party for thousands of people in Alexandra because I love everyone. I did the same in Sandton. I have concluded a huge deal with etv for another season of my show.”
Justin Devares, owner of Daytona Sandton, confirmed that Kunene has ordered the expensive cars.
Kenny is determined to lay the rumours over his finances that he sent Sunday Sun an SMS. It includes the following:
n ZAR Pretoria is opening and Nelspruit are opening early next year.
n He has contributed half of the R30 million budget towards the making of Gayton Mckenzie’s movie, ‘The Choice’.
n He is sponsoring a mentorship programme involving 300 people.
n He is leaving with 20 of his best friends on December 7, for a short holiday in the Ukraine.
n He has the largest personal collection of the world’s best whiskies and champagne which could sponsor him “for three lifetimes” if they are sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...