Kenny’s gaga for Gaddafi

November 11 2011 at 12:34pm

Comment on this story


iol pic KUNENE PN KEN20

INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPERS

Kenny Kunene.

“He was the only president I knew who had female bodyguards. I don't denigrate women; I respect them. Girls fight to be around me at parties because I give them a lot of career opportunities and pay them for it. Not just black girls but white girls too.”

Such is Kenny Kunene’s admiration for Muammar Gaddafi, as evidenced by an interview he gave to British newspaper The Guardian in September, that he chose to dress up as the slain Libyan leader at his multi-million rand birthday party in Alexandra.

The action was recorded for Kunene’s “So What” reality TV show – the controversial episode airs this Saturday on e-tv – and shows the self-proclaimed Sushi King dressed in a flowing cream robe, surrounded by six scantily clad camouflage-bikini models brandishing AK47s.

In the Guardian interview, Kunene said he wanted to show his appreciation for Gaddaffi’s sense of style.

“I felt I needed to celebrate him in the way that he lived. I loved his outfits. I don't care if they say they were tasteless. He believed in Africa. He was a man of style and he knew how to dress,” said Kunene.

Thousands of Alex residents attended Kunene’s party, where they tucked into a selection of dumplings, tripe and chicken feet. - IOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...